Tuesday 15 November 2011

Getting to know the centre and children

Date: 21/10/11

On my first official day of prac , I took the time to get to know the centre and the children. The centre is a privately owned long day care centre by Katrina Fisher who opened the centre in May 2006. The centre caters for sixteen children in the Ruby room aged two and three years and twenty children in the Sapphire room aged four and five years. The centre is a small home like environment that has two large rooms for both age groups and a large outdoor area and inground sandpit for the children. The centre has great resources and equipment for the children.

On this first day I got to meet my two focus children Archie four years and nine months and Beau four years and two months. Archie approached me outside in the morning and very kindly introduced himself to me, Archie immediately got on to telling me about his strong interest in Sharks and other marine life. He also told me that he loves 'pretty things' like sparkles, butterflies and flowers, and his favourite colour is pink.

Beau is one of the youngest in his room (Sapphire room) and is a little shy at first but after my attempts to start a conversation with him, he began to tell me about how he went with his dad to the golf course on the weekend. It was from this point that I knew Beau really loved golf, just by the way his face lit up when he spoke about it. I was certainly right, Beau is really interested in golf which came from his dad who plays golf frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment